What is Physical Wellness?
A holistic approach to life includes active participation in your health decisions and healing processes, and to make wellness-oriented lifestyle choices.
Physical Wellness promotes proper care of your body for peak health and functioning. It is highly important for optimum health and an integral part of the 8 Dimensions of Wellness. A variety of components support physical well-being, including: nutrition, strength, flexibility, aerobic conditioning, balance, weight, personal care and sleep.
Basically, Physical Wellness consists of consuming a healthy diet, physical exercise, avoiding harmful addictive habits, respecting your body and keeping it out of harm’s way. How you choose to take care of yourself today will not only affect your present self, but will also impact your future self as well.
There are eight dimensions of wellness: physical, emotional, spiritual, environmental, financial, social, intellectual and occupational.
These dimensions are interrelated with another and are equally vital in the pursuit of optimum health. By understanding, maintaining and optimizing each dimension of wellness, an optimal level of health and wellness can be reached.
The physical wellness dimension encourages the balance of physical activity, nutrition and mental well-being to keep your body in top condition.
Why is Physical Wellness Important?
Physical Wellness is extremely important to a balanced life and is interrelated to other areas of holistic health and wellness. For example:
- Diet, exercise and rest have a profound effect on Emotional Wellness.
- Exercise is a great way to connect to Spiritual Wellness (practicing Yoga, Tai Chi, and mediation).
- Exercising with others can help build healthy relationships for Social Wellness.
- Taking walks outside will increase Environmental Wellness.
Total health reaches far beyond Physical Wellness, but adequate Physical Wellness provides a good foundation for a whole and complete life.
For Optimum Physical Wellness:
- Eat a healthy, balanced Plant-Based diet (organic if possible to greatly minimize additives and GMOs).
- Participate in regular exercise and physical activity.
- Perform regular hygiene routines and doctor's visits.
- Avoid toxic overload by choosing organic and natural skin care, body care, hair care, cosmetics and household products.
- Keep your body out of harm's way. Avoid addictive habits and/or risky behaviors.
- Get adequate rest and relaxation.
- Manage and balance your other personal dimensions of wellness.
Balancing Physical Wellness:
Understanding the relationship between your body's physical health and mental health is crucial in order to develop a balanced physical wellness.
- Eat a variety of healthy plant-based foods and control meal portions.
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule and get between 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Practice safe sex.
Natural Living for You™ encourages you to:
Balance and integrate your physical, emotional, spiritual, environmental, financial, social, intellectual and occupational aspects.
Make lifestyle choices that promote wellness, including living toxin-free and using Natural Product Alternatives.
Participate actively in your health decisions and healing processes.
Maintain healthy and respectful relationships with others, the environment and the world.
Are You Engaged in the Process of Physical Wellness?
Signs of Physical Wellness:
Remove Toxins From Your Daily Life for Optimum Physical Wellness
In order to combat what our chemical happy society has unleashed and to maintain optimum Physical Wellness, avoid products that contain the toxic ingredients that can harm your health and the environment, and choose products made with natural and organic ingredients instead.
If you use mainstream products on a daily basis, odds are you may develop one or more skin conditions like rashes, acne, dermatitis or eczema. Additionally, a more serious health condition could evolve from prolonged exposure to the unhealthy toxins found in every-day products! This severely impacts not only physical wellness, but other dimensions of health and wellness also!
This is because nearly two-thirds of all commercial, and some of the "so-called" natural, product lines contain a toxic cocktail combination of:
- Carcinogens - Directly promote and facilitate cancer growth
- Teratogens - Cause birth defects
- Reproductive Toxins - Harm and impair male & female fertility
- Developmental Toxins - Cause adverse effects on fetal development
- Skin/Sense Organ Toxins - Cause irritation, rashes & dermatitis
- Allergenic Toxins - Cause allergic reactions
- Mutagens - Alter genetic information-DNA
We are Committed to Improving the Future, One Person, One Choice at a time! Please Join Us!
SMALL CHANGES ..... DONE BY MANY ..... EQUALS BIG RESULTS!!