Child Sleep Problems
Natural Sleep Aids For Child Sleep Problems
Help Your Child Sleep
Children sometimes have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. Sleep allows the body to recharge and function at optimal levels the next day. Lack of good sleep habits can compromise the immune system and affect growth.
Natural sleep aids can safely help with child sleep problems, promoting healthy sleep patterns and restful nights for children suffering from childhood insomnia and other sleeping disorders.
For safe and effective nighttime harmony, choose natural sleep aids for children, without the worry of addictive stimulants and harmful side-effects!
Child Insomnia Remedy :: Help Child Sleep Problems :: Natural Sleep Aids For Childhood Insomnia
A natural child insomnia remedy will help child sleep problems without harmful, addictive side effects!
What Are Child Sleep Problems?
Sleep is essential for a child's overall health and well-being. Lack of sleep not only compromises the immune system, but may affect growth. If a child is not getting sufficient sleep, he/she will likely display signs of fatigue, irritability, mood swings, and inability to concentrate and focus.
It is common for a child to have trouble settling down for bedtime occasionally, but if a child is having frequent problems, it could signal a sleep disorder. Child sleep problems can become chronic. Some child sleep problems disappear on their own, while others develop into more serious sleep disorders like child insomnia if left untreated.
Researchers have shown that poor sleep at night leads to more behavioral problems the following day. The sooner the causes of the child’s bedtime problems are addressed, the better for their growth, learning and development.
What Causes Child Sleep Problems?
If your child is struggling at bedtime or waking often, some possible causes are:
- Lack of a routine or formal bedtime ritual
- Separation anxiety
- Family stress or problems
- Childhood depression or trauma
- Food sensitivity (including formula sensitivity in babies)
- Diet high in sugar or stimulants
- Airborne allergies
- Pain such as earache or abdominal gas
- Urinary tract infection
External factors such as noise, thirst, hunger, heat, or cold, a wet bed and even uncomfortable pajamas may keep your child awake at night.
Insomnia is difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep or waking too early in the morning. Insomnia in kids may last just a few nights or develop into a longer-term problem. Insomnia can be caused by bedtime anxiety, stress about school, mental illnesses or physical pain.
Sleep apnea is when a child stops breathing for 10 seconds or more. The child is most likely unaware of this happening overnight, but clues include snoring, pauses or gasping, sleeping with the mouth open and extreme daytime drowsiness. If you notice these signs, contact your doctor right away. Apnea can cause behavioral issues, learning problems and even heart problems.
Restless leg syndrome (RLS) can occur in childhood. Some kids don’t notice any signs of restless leg syndrome, they just wake up tired. Others may roll around and changing positions in bed often. For some kids, RLS feels like the uncontrollable urge to move around or an itchy sensation like having bugs crawling on them.
Night terrors go beyond a typical nightmare. A night terror usually happens during non-REM stages of sleep about 90 minutes after a child falls asleep. The child gets up and seems to be extremely agitated or scared, with an increased heart rate and dilated pupils. They may be screaming, yelling and crying, and sometimes try to get up and move around. The episode can be very scary for parents or other family members, but they aren’t harmful for the child. He or she isn’t actually awake and doesn’t remember the experience afterward. Night terrors typically begin after 18 months of age and disappear by 6 years of age.
A natural child insomnia remedy will help child sleep problems without harmful, addictive side-effects!
Diagnosing Child Sleep Problems
Experts recommend preschool-age children should get 11-13 hours of sleep per night, while elementary and middle school age children should be asleep 10-11 hours per night.
If a child isn’t getting enough rest overnight, in addition to drowsiness he or she may show signs of fatigue, irritability, mood swings and inability to focus and concentrate. If problems worsen, consult your doctor. A doctor will do a physical exam and medical history to rule out any underlying disorders.
Some scenarios that indicate a child isn’t getting enough rest overnight:
- The most common indicator is frequent daytime drowsiness
- Waking every 90 minutes at night
- Trouble getting comfortable or complaints of itchy legs
Natural Sleep Aids to Help Child Sleep Problems & Childhood Insomnia
Children often outgrow sleep problems as they get older. More serious sleep disorders may require medical treatment, depending on the type of sleep problem and the root cause. A doctor may prescribe drugs for child insomnia.
Resorting to cough medicines and other OTC medicines to help child sleep problems often hurts the situation more than helping it. Both OTC medicines and prescription drugs can be harmful and can seriously affect a child's health. Regular use can cause addiction, nightmares and chronic childhood insomnia.
- Night terrors seldom require medical intervention. In most cases, keeping the child comfortable is all that is needed until the episode passes.
- Children often outgrow sleepwalking, but safety precautions should be taken to ensure safety for all.
- Treatment for nighttime bedwetting can involve bladder control training, reinforcement and responsibility training, conditioning or medication.
- Anxiety related to bedtime may be relieved by developing coping strategies like reassurance, calm bedtime routines and cognitive behavior therapy.
- Children with sleep apnea may benefit from having their tonsils and adenoids removed. Another option is treatment with nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP).
- Natural sleep aids (supplements & herbal remedies), along with consistent discipline and regular night time rituals can help break poor and irregular sleep patterns and support healthy sleep patterns in kids.
- A natural child insomnia herbal remedy can gently promote peaceful sleeping patterns.
Tips to Help Child Sleep Problems - Natural Sleep Aids for Childhood Insomnia
Natural Living for You™ encourages you to:
Balance and integrate your physical, emotional, spiritual, environmental, financial, social, intellectual and occupational aspects.
Make lifestyle choices that promote wellness, including living toxin-free and using Natural Product Alternatives.
Participate actively in your health decisions and healing processes.
Maintain healthy and respectful relationships with others, the environment and the world.
Remove Toxins From Your Daily Life for Optimal Wellness
In order to combat what our chemical happy society has unleashed and to maintain optimum health and wellness, avoid products that contain the toxic ingredients that can harm your health and the environment, and choose products made with natural and organic ingredients instead.
If you use mainstream products on a daily basis, odds are you may develop one or more skin conditions like rashes, acne, dermatitis or eczema. Additionally, a more serious health condition could evolve from prolonged exposure to the unhealthy toxins found in every-day products! This severely impacts not only physical wellness, but other dimensions of health and wellness also!
This is because nearly two-thirds of all commercial, and some of the "so-called" natural, product lines contain a toxic cocktail combination of:
- Carcinogens - Directly promote and facilitate cancer growth
- Teratogens - Cause birth defects
- Reproductive Toxins - Harm and impair male & female fertility
- Developmental Toxins - Cause adverse effects on fetal development
- Skin/Sense Organ Toxins - Cause irritation, rashes & dermatitis
- Allergenic Toxins - Cause allergic reactions
- Mutagens - Alter genetic information-DNA
We are Committed to Improving the Future, One Person, One Choice at a time! Please Join Us!
SMALL CHANGES ..... DONE BY MANY ..... EQUALS BIG RESULTS!!