Are Your Hair Care Products Making You Sick? Find out why you should use Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free, Sodium Laureth Sulfate Free and Paraben Free hair care products now!
Did you know that what you are putting on your hair day after day, year after year, may be doing much more harm than good? It's true!
Think about this:
Why do your eyes burn when shampoo runs into them?
Is it really "OK" that you are inhaling the hair spray that misses your hair?
What toxic ingredients are penetrating your scalp when using your shampoo and other hair products?
Your skin (including your scalp) absorbs up to 60% of the ingredients (including the synthetic and toxic chemicals) found in the cosmetics, lotions and shampoos you use on a daily basis.
Absorbing natural and organic ingredients from plant oils and waxes, mineral pigments and essential oils is a much healthier alternative!
About Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) and Paraben Preservatives
Both Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and its close relative Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) are commonly used in many soaps, shampoos, detergents, toothpastes and other products that are expected to "foam up". Both chemicals are very effective foaming agents, chemically known as surfactants. However, both come with health risks, are known skin irritants and enhance allergic responses to other toxins and allergens. Although Sodium Laureth Sulfate is somewhat less irritating than Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, it cannot be metabolized by the liver and its effects are therefore much longer lasting.
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
SLS is used in car washes, garage floor cleaners and engine degreasers, and in about 90% of personal care products that foam. SLS is also absorbed into the body from skin application. Once absorbed, sodium lauryl sulfate mimics the activity of the Oestrogen hormone. This has many health implications and may be responsible for a variety of health problems including PMS, menopausal symptoms, lowered male fertility and increased risk of female cancers such as breast cancer, where oestrogen levels are known to be involved. SLS is frequently disguised in semi-natural cosmetics with the explanation "comes from coconut".
Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)
When combined with other chemicals, SLES can create nitrosamines, specifically 1,4-dioxane, a potent carcinogen. Dioxane readily penetrates the skin. While dioxane can be removed from products easily and economically by vacuum stripping during the manufacturing process, there is no way to determine which products have undergone this process. Labels are not required to list this information. SLES is frequently disguised in semi-natural cosmetics with the explanation "comes from coconut".
An estrogen mimic, parabens are preservatives with antibacterial properties. Widely used in all kinds of personal care products, paraben is usually preceded by the prefixes methyl-, ethyl-, butyl-, or propyl-. Parabens can cause allergic reactions or contact dermatitis in some people. Preservatives are one of the leading causes of contact dermatitis. There are safer practical alternatives to parabens, including vitamin E, vitamin C and grapefruit seed extract.
- The average adult uses 9 personal care products daily, exposing them to an average 126 chemicals every day.
- One-third of all personal care products contain one or more ingredients classified as possible human carcinogens.
- 89% of 10,500 ingredients used in personal care products have NOT been evaluated for safety.
- Over the last 30 years, only 9 of the 10,500 ingredients used in personal care products have been banned or restricted.
Source: (Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database)
Keep it simple and natural with safe and non-toxic All Natural Hair Care Products and look and feel fabulous! Stick to Natural Organic Hair Care Products because they work ... and you ARE worth it!
- Look and Feel Better - Many skin problems, such as acne, contact dermatitis, irritations and allergies may disappear once petroleum or synthetic ingredients are removed from your hair care regimen. Using all natural hair products can contribute to healthy, shiny and lustrous hair and a healthy body in the long run.
- Avoid the Toxins - Organically-grown natural haircare products are much healthier for the environment, the people who cultivate them, and the people who use them.
- Cleaner waterways - Toxic chemicals from non-natural and non-organic hair care products are rinsed off your body and down the drain, potentially contaminating rivers, streams, and harming aquatic life.
- Protect animal friends - Most natural organic hair care products are cruelty-free.
- Safer - Only 11% of the more than 10,500 ingredients used in personal care products have been screened for safety.
Side Note: The chemicals present in any one hair product alone are unlikely to cause immediate harm.
The Issue Is ...
We are being repeatedly exposed to toxic chemicals from multiple sources on a daily basis, which long-term can be detrimental to our health. Some chemicals used in personal care products, including hair care, are carcinogens. This means that there have been many studies that show that exposure to a certain chemical can result in cancer in humans or in laboratory animals.
Our Point Is ...
Hair care products would be safer without the chemicals that we know can cause cancer, birth defects, allergies and/or contribute to other serious health conditions.
That Is Why ...
We recommend natural organic hair care products as alternatives to avoid or at least limit the synthetic and toxic chemicals found in conventional hair care products.